Posted by Janet on September 18, 2009
Here is the lamp shade I designed for the 3D Print Lamp Contest hosted by i.materialize for Blender artists:
Hope this appeals to the science illustrators and anyone else who’s likes proteins, jellyfish, or anything that lights up Please correct me if you catch any mistakes, it was getting late…
To vote for your favorite lamp design (and please do, the top 3 winners get their design fabricated and delivered), follow these steps:
1. View all the designs here.
2. Register with the Blender Artists Forum at http://blenderartists.org/forum/register.php if you haven’t already. Sign in.
3. Vote for your favorite design here. Only one design per voter.
Posted in announcements, digital 2D/3D, my projects | Tagged: 3D lamp design contest, Blender, i.materialize | 3 Comments »
Posted by Janet on September 12, 2009
I will be blogging less frequently for the next few months. I’m trying to graduate by December so project research needs to come first, and time is running out…
That said, I’ve been teaching myself Blender over the past couple of weeks and just came across this 3D printing contest for Blender artists. The contest is sponsored by i.materialise, a 3D printing business. The rules for entering are simple:
1) Register with blenderartist.org forum
2) Design your own lampshade using Blender, following the guidelines here http://i.materialise.com/blender (click “Download Plugins” on the left hand column, then download the pdf followed by the appropriate files)
3) Post 3 screenshots via Reply here http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1462901#post1462901
The rules are explained in detail in the above link too. The top three winning designs will be printed and delivered to the winners for free.
The deadline for the submission is Wednesday Sept. 19. Not a lot of time, I know. I wish I had found this sooner too but I’m going to give it a shot anyway. How many other chances do you have to have your own lamp design 3D printed for free?
Posted in announcements, digital 2D/3D, Uncategorized | Tagged: 3D lamp design contest, Blender, i.materialise | 1 Comment »